The implementation of the fatwa (edict) banning the practice of yoga by Muslims has been put on hold in two states.
- The Sultan of Selangor said the fatwa could not be implemented in the state yet as it had not been presented to the state Fatwa Committee,
- Perak Islamic Religious Department director Datuk Jamry Sury withdrew his earlier statement that Perak would adopt the fatwa, saying that several procedures including seeking the consent of the Sultan, had to be carried out first,
- Perlis Mufti Dr Asri Zainal Abidin spoke out against the edict, saying yoga with the non-Muslim elements removed should be allowed,
- Most other states said they would take the necessary steps to enable the edict to be implemented,
- However, Sisters in Islam said the fact that the states had differing views on the matter seemed to suggest that there was no consensus on the ban.
Fatwa: Ambil tindakan [ada pihak yang mahu usaha halangan FATWA di ambil tindakan ... kalau Raja yang halang, camana pulak?]
Ramai sokong fatwa haram yoga [kenyataan yang dibuat oleh utusan melalui interview 4 orang ..... dari entah mana mana. Wakakaka]
Aku tak kesah ... haram tetap haram. Kena ikut. Kalau tak, yang malu adalah majlis fatwa. Tindakan biar menyeluruh. Majlis Fatwa kena HARAMkan ISA dulu ... tu pun kalau hidung tak di cucuk tali.
Yang mengecewakan ... Majlis Fatwa buat keputusan tanpa rujuk pihak pihak penting. Antaranya " it had not been presented to the state Fatwa Committee" dan Raja pun tak tau ... Yang tau orang UMNO je. Wakakakak
Tapi yang sedih ... Orang islam jadi mangsa. Mana satu nak ikut .... Hishhhh ....
Yang penting .. aku tak berYOGA ... nak senam pun aku malas.