KONGRES PKR ...LIVE !!! -----> cakkk kat sebelah
Hari terakhir perbahasan Kongres LIVE .... !!!!
Jadual 3 hari KONGRES - DISINI
---------------

HOME [no2umno]

May 26, 2008

Win-Win? We Got Pebbles, They Got A Lighthouse!



revspeaks - [...] It's about time I touched on what I would like to think of as "The Battle of Pebbles, Rocks, and a Lighthouse". By the way, I just have to say that it'll suck to have to memorize the facts of this case in schools, when they eventually add this into the history text books. So kids, be afraid! (kidding)

Anyway, I have to confess that I had not been following the development of the case from the beginning. I did however hear about it from a few people, that there was an on-going case between Malaysia and Singapore regarding some islands, and that a lighthouse was involved. I only knew that the islands had no other worth than to expand the fishing territories and airspace of both countries and that the lighthouse was a major asset. That's all I knew.

So when I just so happened to be at the right place at the right time (I had gone out to have tea, not knowing that the decision was due that day) to watch the live telecast of the decision of the International Court of Justice (ICJ), I was quite shocked to hear Rais Yatim say that it was a "win-win situation".... selanjutnya.

0 comments:

Posting terkini

Blog Archive