KONGRES PKR ...LIVE !!! -----> cakkk kat sebelah
Hari terakhir perbahasan Kongres LIVE .... !!!!
Jadual 3 hari KONGRES - DISINI
---------------

HOME [no2umno]

Feb 26, 2008

NOT A SHAHRIZAT PROXY BUT .... Mmmm

I'm no proxy for Shahrizat'

Malaysiatoday - KUALA LUMPUR: Lembah Pantai independent candidate Periasamy Nagaratnam has denied accusations that he is a proxy for Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil or that he is a supporter of the Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf).

"I am a sympathiser of the families of Internal Security Act detainees and I fight for the freedom of speech," he said yesterday.

"I am not a Hindraf supporter and I have never joined its rallies. I am merely voicing my opinion through a proper channel."

He said he would withdraw his nomination if the government freed the ISA detainees.

Periasamy's appearance at the nomination centre at the Bangsar Sports Complex on Sunday at the eleventh hour surprised many, including the other two candidates.

He claimed to have arrived at 9am but had to "swim" through about 1,000 supporters from Parti Keadilan Rakyat.

When he finally made it to the front, he was stopped by police, who mistook him for one of the supporters, from crossing the barricade.

"When I was finally allowed in, I had 20 minutes to submit my papers and make my payment."

Asked about rumours that Shahrizat's brother was seen helping him fill up the forms, Periasamy said in a jest: "I didn't know he brought a commissioner for oaths with him."

Candidates' nomination papers must be endorsed by a commissioner for oaths before submission. - NST

0 comments:

Posting terkini

Blog Archive